Survived my first week at my new job! I can't say much about it but it's a high security area and I can't bring my mobile to office (among other things) so no more mobile blogging during the day :(
I have to say, even with watching what I eat for the past 2 weeks during the eid period, I gained back about half a kilo. Kind of expected but definitely not welcome! I've identified some major stumbling blocks at work... 1. Breakfast and lunch are times for networking and socializing. 2. Food available at the cafeteria is heavy on carbs. Really, really heavy. 3. Lunch venues are decided collectively, so will need to make smarter choices when outside.
On the other hand, my new colleagues are into running so I guess I can join them... Just hope I can keep up! I know I can't outrun a bad diet, so will really need to watch myself. I also have the option of walking home from work, which takes about 40min. Problem is, I can only do this if someone picks up my daughter from childcare, otherwise I'll be too late. So many things to sort out!
Running my 10k in 2 weeks! Will really need to step up my workouts. I can do this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment